Functional mushrooms are a powerful tool for boosting your overall health and well-being. With their endless benefits its no wonder they’ve been consumed for centuries in traditional Chinese cultures. But while you have heard of the many benefits you may be unsure how to incorporate them into your diet and daily life. We’ve got you covered! Here are 5 easy and tasty ways to take functional mushrooms.
- Take them with your morning coffee. One of the easiest ways to incorporate functional mushrooms into your routine is to simply add them into your choice of hot drink. That may be your morning coffee, turmeric latte or matcha. Our favourites to add into your morning hot drink are Chaga or Lion's Mane as they blend seamlessly into coffee and can help boost mental clarity, focus and immune system function.
- Add them into savoury meals. Adding mushrooms into savoury meals is a super easy and delicious way to take mushrooms and supercharge your meals with antioxidants and immune regulating properties. You could add Turkey Tail into a hearty soup or stew or add our 10 Mushroom Formula into an omelette or stir fry.
- Add them into protein balls. If you’re looking for a healthy and convenient snack, try adding functional mushrooms to your protein balls. The protein and mushrooms can help to stabilise energy levels and are perfect to have on hand throughout the day. One of our favourite recipes is for Peanut Butter Brain Bites, packed with goodness and supercharged with Lion's Mane to help brain cognition, focus and memory.
- Add into smoothies. Smoothies are an awesome way to pack in nutrients into your diet. Simply add our mushroom powder blends into your smoothie of choice. We love Tremella for skin plumping benefits with berries for antioxidants. A Vanilla Berry Smoothie is a great way to start your day with a full serve of functional mushrooms and a boost of protein to start the day.
- Take them as a tea. If you like to keep things simple you can take your mushrooms with hot water and honey or maple syrup. This is a great option for those who want to take their mushrooms in a more traditional way as this is how they’ve been consumed for centuries, in the Asian cultures.
There are so many different ways to incorporate functional mushrooms into your diet whether you want to take them as a tea with water or add into your recipes. Remember to follow us on our socials so you don't miss out on all the food and drink recipes we share. These powerful fungi can help your immune system, skin, gut health, mental clarity and focus and the list goes on. Why not try them yourself and see what they do for your health!
If you are unsure where to start, we would recommend our Organic 10 Mushroom Formula. A curation of 10 carefully selected and potent functional mushrooms revered in Traditional Chinese and Tibetan folk medicine for their general healing and tonifying properties. The Organic 10 Mushroom Formula contains mushrooms with a notoriety for positive effects related to immunity, recovery, and sustained energy.